Amazing Cucumber Juice Benefits for Your Skin, Hair and Overall Health
Cucumber belongs to the family of Curcurbitaceae. It is grown in India and have long been part of the Mediterranean diet. Cucumber is know to have low fat, calories, sodium and cholesterol content. It contains high water content which makes it good for hydration. Beyond these, Cucumber serves as food, spices and treatment for skin problems.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture, 142g of sliced cucumber contains:
1. 137g of Water
2. 17g of Calories
3. 0.8g of Protein
4. 0.2g of Fat
5. 3.1g of carbohydrate
6. 0g of Sugar
7. 1.0g of Fiber
8. 19.9g of Calcium
9. 0.3mg of Iron
10. 17mg of Magnesium
11. 29.8mg of Phosphorus
12. 193mg of Potassium
13. 2.8mg of Sodium
14. 4.5mg of Vitamin C
15. 19.9mcg of Folate
16. 44ncg of Beta Carotene
17. 22.7mcg of Lutein + Zeaxanthin
18. 10.2mcg of Vitamin K
19. Vitamin A and B
Amazing Cucumber Juice Benefits for Your Skin, Hair and Overall Health. It’s no doubt that cucumber has a lot of health benefits and in this article, we bring you the Benefits, types and tips on how to use cucumber juice to get desired results.
Cucumber juice benefit for your skin:
Research advise that Cucumber juice provides lots of health benefit for the good health of the skin. Cucumber helps to cool, soothe the skin and it also reduces swelling and irritation. When place slice of cucumber on your eyes helps reduce puffiness.
Cucumber juice can also serve as a toner. Due to its astringent properties, it helps to clear pores and maintain PH balance of the skin. Leave cucumber juice on the skin for about 30 minutes, then rinse with water.
Cucumber juice is also used for face mask. Mix same amount of cucumber juice with yoghurt to form a paste, apply on the face and leave for few minutes before rinsing, it helps to reduce dry skin and blackheads.
For most people cucumber is safe for them to use while for some it is not, so it is advisable to start by applying little amount on your skin and look out for any adverse reaction. If none, then it is safe to use.
Cucumber juice benefits for your hair:
1. Cucumber juice is very good for hair growth
2. Regular washing of hair with cucumber juice gives you a stronger hair.
3. Cucumber juice helps to repair damaged hair due to its high mineral and vitamin content.
4. Washing your hair with cucumber based shampoo helps to give your hair a shiny look
5. Regular intake of Cucumber juice helps hydrate your scalp thereby preventing hair breakage.
Cucumber juice for overall health:
1. Hydration. Cucumber contains high water content and some very important electrolytes that helps prevent dehydration during the hot weather. Hydration is very important for maintaining a health internal organs like the intestines, prevents constipation and reduces risk of kidney stones.
2. Strong bone. Vitamin K is very good for blood clothing and it also helps to support bone health. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, raw cucumber provides about 10.2 micrograms of vitamin k in addition to Calcium absorbtion contribute to strong bone. Cucumber juice is also listed in 2015-2020 Dietary guidelines for Americans trusted intake of Vitamin K and Calcium.
3. Cancer treatment. Being a member of the Ccurbitaceae family, cucumber juice contains high level of bitter tasting nutrients called cucurbitacin. Research by the international Journal Health Services in a trusted article reports that cucurbaticins helps prevent cancer by stopping cancer cells from reproducing. Cucumber juice with it’s skin contains fiber which also helps to prevent colorectal cancer.
4. Prevents diabetes. Cucumber juice helps lower blood sugar or stop high rising of blood glucose. Cucurbaticins in cucumber helps regulate insulin and release the metabolism of hepatic glycogen which is is a key hormone in processing blood sugar. Due to it’s antioxidants content, cucumber juice helps to manage diabetes.
Types of cucumber:
1. English cucumber.
2. Snake cucumber.
3. Japanese Cucumber.
4. Kirby Cucumber.
5. Lemon cucumber.
6. Persian Cucumber.
We hope this article was helpful, kindly leave us your feedback using the comment box below.