Types of Dogs: 30 Top Ranked Dog Breeds and uses
We find pets in so many families almost every part of the world, especially the western world. Pets include the likes of dogs, cats, rabbit, etc. Dog is useful in so many ways like for protection, herding, hunting, military, and assisting security officials. Dog is known as best friend of man in the western part of the earth.
Types of Dogs: 30 Top Ranked Dog Breeds and uses. Dogs are with no doubt, a popular choice of household pet that has become a very part of every household. If you are considering getting a pet for your home, then dog should be on your top list as they help us in so many ways. There are several breeds and types of dog, and knowing this will help you make a much better choice that suits your family and lifestyle. In this article we bring you a list of dog breed and their uses.
30 Best breeds of dog and their uses:
- German shepherd. This breeds of dog originated from Germany as far back as 1899. German shepherds are known as working dogs because they are designed specially for herding sheep. A German shepherd is associated with characteristics like strength, intelligence, obedience and very trained. Statistics shows that it is the second most popular breed of dog in the United States and the fourth most popular in the whole of United Kingdom. German shepherd ranges from 60-65cm in height for the males while the females ranges from 55-60cm in height. It mostly comes in tan/black or red/black color with a double coat, having their outer layer shed all around and the thick undercoat is very dense. German shepherd has a life span of 10.5years.
- Bulldog. Bulldog originated from England and United Kingdom, and are also called British or English bulldog. Due to their tiny nasal cavities, bulldog are very sensitive to heat. It’s height ranges from 53-55 pounds in weight for the males while the female ranges from 49-51 pounds in weight. They have 07 to 10 years life span.
- Golden Retriever. It originated from Scotland, England and United kingdom. Golden Retriever are known to be reliable, trustworthy, kind, and very intelligent. It ranges from 55-57cm in height for the females and 58-61cm in height for the males. Golden Retriever are used as guide, they have lifespan of 11-12 years.
- Poodle. Mostly seen in France and Germany, they are known to be very active, alert, intelligent, faithful and well trained. It’s height ranges from 35-45cm. It won best award in 1982 and 1966. It has life span of 12-15 years.
- Shih Tzu. Originated from china and are known as Chinese lion dog. Shih Tzu are available in different colors. They are playful, outgoing, loyal and gentle with it’s lifespan ranging from 10-16 years.
- Pug Dogs. They are known to be strong and aggressive which makes it suitable for household pet. It’s lifespan is 12-15 years.
- English Mastiff. They are also known as Old English Ma tiff. They are calm, affectionate, dignified, courageous and protective. It’s lifespan is 10-12 years.
- Border Collie. They are used for herding livestock at boarders. They are very acrobatic, energetic, alethic, and smart and have lifespan of 13-16 years.
- Pomeranian. It is used for active sporting and has a lifespan of 12-15 years.
- Australian Cattle Dog. It is very playful, intelligent and sociable. It has a lifespan of 11.7 years.
- Bull Terrier. It’s lifespan is 10-15 years.
- Boston Terrier. Its lifespan is 11-13 years.
- Chow Chow. It has a lifespan of 10-15 years.
- Basset Hound
- English Springer Spaniel
- Alaskan Malamute
- St. Bernard
- Miniature Schnauzer
- German Short haired Pointer
- American Eskimo Dog
- Bernese Mountain Dog
- Airedale Terrier
- Afghan Hound
- English Cocker Spaniel
We hope this article was helpful, kindly leave us your feedback using the comment box below.